Phrozen

Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Moving to the Cloud

Recently I have started my move to the cloud. I have started with moving my music collection to Google Music, this service allows you to store up to 20,000 songs. It has an awesome client that allows automatic syncing of music on your PC in the background. It has options to allow for the monitoring of folders and choose bandwidth throttling options.



I have tried a few different photo services and I like Google+ the best. The UI is brilliant and it integrates flawlessly with Picasa. I am not sure really how many photos you can store but I have pretty many on there. The UI shows all of your pics on the same screen as you scroll zooming on the one that you mouse over.


For my document storage I chose to use Box. Box is a free service that gives you 50GB. It allows for awesome storage of documents with version history, collaboration with others and commenting on files. There is an awesome API with this app that integrates with many other apps.

For PC games I use Steam, this isn't really a game storage system however games that your purchased are storage with them along with your saved games.


Video storage is obvious with YouTube however Google+ is able to upload small videos such as those from older cell phones.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home